Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cruise: Sea Days and Home

I don't have a lot of pictures of the last couple of sea days and arrival into New York, so this will be a short one. We spent time relaxing on deck but for some reason we never went in any of the pools, I'm not sure why - probably because they were so busy. We did go on the water slide though :-)

We ate lots of good food, drank lots of good drink and took part in some activities. Mainly trivia and we had two victories! One on super trivia and I won turbo trivia where you are asked questions individually in a circle. I got lucky on my questions - geography and British royalty! I won because I knew where the Sea of Tranquility was!!

Elegant Night number 2

We also went to a couple of shows on the last days. A game show one that was amusing, a couples game show which was extremely hilarious and the Carnival Legends show which is like Stars in Your Eyes (for my Brit readers). The people they got to sing were generally excellent, it was entertaining and the theatre was packed.

At the back of the ship watching the wake and enjoying a drink

Do I have to get off?

We arrived back in NY early and I wish I had actually got up and watched the sunrise and see the skyline that morning. But alas, we didn't. We had some room service and went for the self assist debarkation. We thought that the time we were given for debarkation might have made us miss the train if it took a long time for a taxi so we were some of the first off the ship (carrying our own bags which was no big deal). As we got off I was directed to the non citizen immigration line and for once in my life, this was the quick line!! I was in and out pretty fast, despite the immigration official forgetting what to do with my type of visa. I had to wait for Matt to come out for about 10 minutes and it was really hot in the terminal.

We got in a taxi really quickly and were back at Penn Station with plenty of time to spare, we even switched our tickets to an earlier train. A quick 2.5 hour train trip home and back to reality. A great vacation was had and I enjoyed my first cruise. Would I cruise again? Yes, but I doubt it would be my first choice - so many other places to go and see!

Cheesy portrait and trivia champion goodies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment