Sunday, November 17, 2013

Norman Rockwell and Lake George

1) Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge, MA

My parents and I went to Western Massachusetts for the day, which is easy to do from here. Shopping at the outlets in the morning followed by a trip to the Norman Rockwell museum in the afternoon. We had been to an exhibition before (I can't remember where) so it was quite nice to see a lot of the original paintings that even I recognized. As an extra bonus, they had a Disney Snow White exhibition which was great (you couldn't take pictures though) as there were a lot of the original sketches with notes and corrections - they were very particular about getting things right!

Autumn in the Berkshires
A Rockwell painting of Historic Stockbridge - where we stopped for hot chocolate!

2) Lake George Boat Ride

We spent a beautiful Autumn day on a boat ride in Lake George. The boat headed North from Lake George Village but didn't quite make it as far as Hague (where I did my swim) before turning around. It was nice to just sit on the boat (although the piano playing singer was slightly irritating), enjoy the sun and see all the lovely houses on the shore of Lake George. The road is slightly off the shore for the most part so you don't get the great view that you do on the Lake. I did get a little sun burnt though, I should know better.
Lake George
Islands in the Sun
Testing out the Macro!

No comments:

Post a Comment