Friday, February 10, 2012

Wait a second, maybe I do like running?

I always disliked running. It was a battle to put on my shoes and go out for a run, or worse, get on the treadmill. In the past few months I've been running a lot more and enjoying my Nike+ which measures my distance and speed. Yes, the treadmill still sucks but I think I've actually reached a point where I enjoy running!!

Last week I ran about 18 miles (not all at once) and I've done 13 so far this week and am planning on a 6 mile run at some point this weekend, the forecast snow might make it inside though. Maybe the idea of doing the half marathon in October is actually realistic (maybe even one in April if I'm feeling brave).

Who would have thought I'd be running more than I'm swimming (only once a week or fortnight right now)!

1 comment:

  1. Haha - I've had similar revelations in the last couple of years. It gets even better if you can find trails to go on near your house. Then you can occupy your mind with not falling down and the time just flies by :)

    ReplyDelete