Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Shoes

I decided to actually spend some of my birthday money this weekend and buy some new trainers/running shoes. I was trying to figure out how old my trainers I use for running/working out were and it turns out that my parents got them for me when I was in Oklahoma... in 2005!! I think that is pretty good value for money.

I wanted some new, lighter and better fitting shoes seeing as I'm running a lot more than I used to. I spent a while wondering around the various shoe shops in the mall trying to find the best shoes that they actually had in my size. My little US size 6 feet (that's UK 3.5) proved quite hard to find good shoes for. I could have got youth shoes but I really wanted some good quality supportive shoes. I eventually settled on some Nike shoes that actually fit well and felt comfortable. Surprisingly they are pink! Well, white with pink accents and laces. They had some grey ones but not in my size so I went for comfort over colour.

Last night was my first run in the new shoes and it was a success. A nice 4 miles and it felt good - a little faster than my last 4 miles and my feet felt noticeably lighter. Hopefully they stay comfortable and don't end up stretching too much.

I realize that this probably wasn't the most interesting post. Feel free to make fun of me for my tiny feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment