Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rain rain rain...

It's raining. It's been raining all week. I rode my bike to work in the rain this morning. The rain falling from the sky didn't get me too wet but the spray from the road was horrendous. I'm quite damp this morning. Perhaps I need to keep a change of clothes in my desk for such moments, or is that a little weird?

Since we moved here there has been an earthquake, a hurricane, a tornado and floods.  This is just plain crazy to me. What will be next?

Work is going well, although it is always tricky starting a whole new project from scratch. My office is outside of two large-ish classrooms and this apparently leads the undergraduates to believe they can just stroll into my office and ask me about their class schedule, where rooms are and where their TAs offices are. I know the answer to none of these questions. Hopefully they'll stop soon. I also hope they decide that just walking into someones office and using the sink isn't appropriate. Yes I have a sink in my office. Perhaps the impact of throwing my laptop from a 2nd floor window (as opposed to the 10th as in Texas) isn't quite satisfying enough, so I have a sink instead.

Fingers crossed that Matt's job hunt gets some good news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment