Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick updates

This will be brief as I'm feeling all full of cold today. Not sure if I got it from the pool, from a coworker who was sick last week or from one of the germy undergrads that don't wash their hands in the bathroom. Nonetheless, I feel pretty terrible but somehow managing to get a little work done.

Didn't get enough sleep last night partly due to the cold and partly because the cat really enjoys sleeping on top of me in bed (on my front, back or side) and she was on top form last night (I'll pretend that she sensed my illness and was trying to heal me - in reality, I'm probably just softer than the bed).

We spent most of Saturday afternoon at the new English pub downtown (The Olde English Pub) where I had some almost right fish and chips (I'm very picky) and Matt had a battered sausage and chips which he enjoyed. Last week involved several meals out at some of my favourite places in town (Blue Spice and The Pump Station) as an old friend was in town from Finland giving a seminar. We did our undergrad together in Reading and Oklahoma and probably haven't seen her in 7 years so it was a good week!

May have to skip our Tuesday run this evening which I'm already feeling guilty about.

No comments:

Post a Comment