Thursday, September 1, 2011

A New Start

So this is it, the blog has begun. I am going to make every possible effort to update this regularly but I can't promise that I will always have something interesting to say.

Not only is this a new blog, but I'm hoping to chronicle life in a new place and with a new job. Matt and I moved 1800 miles from Texas to Albany, NY in July and after an extended period of waiting for immigration to process my work authorization card (don't get me started on that), I finally started my new job on August 15th. I'm working as a post doctoral research assistant at SUNY (State University of New York) Albany. I'm working on decadal variability and predictability of the West African Monsoon in the latest generation of global climate models that will be used in the next IPCC (Intergovernmental panel on climate change) report. I really enjoy what I do even if there are days I want to throw my computer out of the window.

I wish I could have begun with a more interesting post, but it's a Thursday and aside from having to weave my way across a busy intersection on my bike this morning as the traffic lights were in flashing mode, nothing eventful has happened.

Hopefully my bike ride home will be less stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment